Have a voice in NCSC21!
We are seeking your expertise to lead our Brainwave sessions as part of the 2021 National Charter Schools Conference.
Brainwaves are networking and informal discussions structured to allow attendees to meet one another and have small group conversations about hot topics, trends, and broad issues in education. Attendees can join Brainwaves by video and audio, with the freedom to listen, interact on camera, or use the chat.
Below are some examples of Brainwaves you can lead:
- Networking for educators/school leaders based in your state or city
- Group discussion on ideas to address student mental health and well-being
- What it means to be an anti-racist teacher
- Affinity groups
Each Brainwave will run for approximately 45 minutes, with a limit of 60 attendees. If selected, facilitators will have the opportunity to choose among available Brainwave date and time options.
You must be registered for NCSC21 to lead a Brainwave gathering. Please read all the details below before visiting the submission site.
The conference committee is looking for submissions that deliver a mix of one or more of the following criteria:
- Trending and innovative topics in education that will foster substantial organic audience participation and peer-to-peer learning.
- Gathering opportunities for people who share a common identity (affinity groups).
- Relevance to the current education landscape.
Trending topics the committee is specifically looking for:
- Educator engagement and motivation
- Cultural competency
- School culture and climate
- Affinity groups
- Brainwave title: catchy and descriptive title
- Brainwave description: write a description of the Brainwave (75 words or less)
- Marketing description: write a brief description that NCSC can use to promote the session (50 words)
- Primary and secondary topic focus: what are the primary and secondary topic areas that best describe the Brainwave (we will use these as tags on the conference platform)
- Primary target audience: select primary audience for the Brainwave
- Facilitator information: name, title, and organization of the facilitator(s)
Please note: you may have a maximum of two facilitators.
- Call for submission closes: Friday, May 14
- Selected facilitators notified: Thursday, May 20
- Brainwave scheduling form due: Wednesday, May 26
- Brief platform training for facilitators: TBD
If selected, facilitators will have the opportunity to choose a slot among available Brainwave date and time options below. Please note: this schedule is subject to change.
|Monday, June 21||Tuesday, June 22||Wednesday, June 23|
|11:00 am-11:45 am ET||11:00 am-11:45 am ET||10:00 am-10:45 am ET|
|1:00 pm-1:45 pm ET||3:00 pm-3:45p m ET||11:00 am-11:45 am ET|
|--||4:00 pm-5:00 pm ET||12:00 pm-12:45 pm ET|
Questions? Email: Sindy Pierre-Noel at email@example.com